Airtel Prepaid 2G, 3G to 4G Activation Process Details. In this article, you will read the full method to activate 4G on your Airtel Prepaid 2G or 3G SIM.
Airtel Prepaid 2G or 3G to 4G Activation
- 4G LTE-based phone. (2300MHz TD-LTE Band)
- Your existing Active SIM card in a phone(your 4G phone is also fine)
- One Passport size Photo.
- Address/ID Proof copy. (Make sure your photo on the ID is clear)
- 50 for the payment for the new SIM.
- Visit your nearest Airtel showroom with all the above-mentioned items.
- Visit the self-service Airtel KIOSK in the showroom.
- Select Prepaid in the menu
- Select SIM SWAP
- Enter your phone number
- Get the token/waiting list number
- Wait till your token is called out
- Approach the Counter when your token is called out.
- Mention “I would like to swap my prepaid 3G SIM to a prepaid 4G SIM”
- SIM Swap Process Starts (can take up to 15 mins to complete)
- The CC rep mentions a SIM number.
- Use your existing phone to send the following SMS
- Send 4GSIMSWAP NEW_SIM_NUMBER to 121 (Ex 4GSIMSWAP 12345678912345)
- Wait for the “Reply 1 to Proceed” message
- Send 1 to 121
- If this fails then repeat the steps
- If Point #5 fails then you need to submit your photo and documents (refer to checklist) to them. Fill the connection form out.
- The CC rep hands yours over your brand new 4G SIM Card.
- Pay Rs. 50 for the new SIM Card.
- The Activation process takes up to one hour to complete.
- Once activated, your old SIM card will no longer work.
- Insert your 4G SIM in your 4G Phone.
- Set Network mode to LTE.
- Recharge with whatever 3G data pack you seem fit for your consumption.
- Enjoy the awesome 4G speed.
Here we have shared Airtel Prepaid 2G, 3G to 4G Activation Process Details. Keep visiting this website and read any company contact information.